Counselling since 1996
Print this Page
Diploma Course Outline
The Tŷ Elis Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling consists of 10 thematic units:-
1. Introduction to course: The landscape of practice.
2. Cognitive behavioural therapies.
3. Person centred approaches.
5. Systemic practice.
6. Ethics applied to practice.
7. Integration of models and theories of change.
8. Reflective practice.
9. Evidence based practice.
10. Developing a practitioner stance and theoretical model.
Year one will cover units 1 to 5 and year two units 6 to 10.
Each module is assessed via written assignments of 3,000 words each. If a student fails an assessment, they will be able to re-
Course Coordinator and Tutors
The course coordinator is Michele Ryan. A short biography of Michele and all the other tutors is available on our tutors page.
This two year course has been designed with professional standards in mind and as such is delivered to the highest professional standards and benchmarks. The Tŷ Elis Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling is accredited by the National Counselling Society (NCS).
The Diploma is made up of 400 hours of face to face contact plus 100 hours of supervised Counselling practice at Tŷ Elis. The 400 hours teaching time breaks down as follows:-
• Weekend workshops;
• Two 3 day workshops at the start and end of each year;
• A 3 hour study evening every two weeks; and
• A personal development group, which will equate to 40 hours teaching over two years.
Teaching will take place at Tŷ Elis Counselling in Porthcawl, South Wales. This will give you an insight into the daily working practices of a Counselling and Psychotherapy practice.
Ymgynghori Tŷ Elis Counselling 14 Victoria Avenue, Porthcawl, Bridgend County Borough, CF36 3HG, Telephone: 01656 786486, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered Charity Number: 1098986 and Company Number: 4756994
© Copyright Tŷ Elis Counselling – All Rights Reserved